Include the Cyprus national team in the Cyprus Cup (7 posts)

• Profile picture of Demetris Papaiacovou Demetris Papaiacovou said 3 years, 5 months ago:

I am a Cypriot Soccer Coach in the US and traveled to Cyprus in the last two years to watch the Cyprus Cup.  I was very disappointed to see that the Cypriot National team was not included in the Cyprus Cup and wanted to see how we can get the team become part of the Cup.  I was also surprised with the luck of publicity about the Cyprus Cup in Cyprus and wanted to help make this a more popular event especially for the young women players.  This event is a great opportunity to promote the women’s soccer in Cyprus.

• Profile picture of Asa Asa said 3 years, 5 months ago:

@Demetris thank you for your thoughts, yes would be great to have the Cyprus national team playing in this tournament

• Profile picture of Demetris Papaiacovou Demetris Papaiacovou said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I am revisiting this issue and I wanted to ask what it would take to include the Cypriot team in the cup so i can help move this forward.

• Profile picture of WSU WSU said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Have you attempted to contact their football association?

• Profile picture of Demetris Papaiacovou Demetris Papaiacovou said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I first wanted to understand the requirements from UEFA about participating to the cup so I can discuss it with the Cyprus football association.

• Profile picture of WSU WSU said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I’ll have to investigate further, I believe when it was first created, it was run by the English, Scottish and Netherlands FAs but I imagine this has changed now since these teams are not competing themselves. I will let you know if I find anything that may be of assistance.

• Profile picture of keithboanas keithboanas said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Guys .. you do realise that the Cypriot National team is of a much lower ranking and there is now the follow up tournament the Aphrodite Cup immediately after this one where they do participate against teams much closer in the rankings like MALTA , ISRAEL, LITHUANIA , ESTONIA, BAHRAIN etc ,