Ada Hegerberg wins first ever Women’s Ballon d’Or award!
Ada Hegerberg has been crowned the winner of the first ever Women’s Ballon d’Or award beating Pernille Harder (2nd) and Dzsenifer Maroszan (3rd).
Her team-mate Dzsenifer Maroszan was also on the podium having won third place behind Danish international and VfL Wolfsburg’s Pernille Harder.
— #ballondor (@francefootball) December 3, 2018
There were seven Olympique Lyonnais players in the final Women’s Ballon d’Or rankings of fifteen.
Complete Women’s Ballon d’Or Ranking:
1. Ada Hegerberg (NOR / Lyon)
2. Pernille Harder (DEN / Wolfsburg)
3. Dzsenifer Maroszan (GER / Lyon)
4. Marta (BRA / Orlando)
5. Sam Kerr (AUS / Perth)
6. Lucy Bronze (ENG / Lyon)
7. Amandine Henry (FRA / Lyon) and Wendie Renard (FRA / Lyon)
9. Megan Rapinoe (USA / Seattle)
10. Lindsay Horan (USA / Portland)
11. Lieke Martens (ESP / FC Barcelona)
12. Saki Kumagai (JPN / Lyon)
13. Amel Majri (FRA / Lyon)
14. Fran Kirby (ENG / Chelsea)
15. Christine Sinclair (CAN / Portland).
The WSU Team bringing you news and updates from the world of women’s football.