Emily Lima names Brazil squad for international friendly against Germany
Brazil women’s national team head coach Emily Lima has announced her squad to take on Germany in an international friendly match on 4 July.
New to the squad are Luana, from Avaldsnes (Norway), Ludmila from São José, and Kamilla from Iranduba. Luana and Ludmila played base competitions for the Brazilian National Team in 2012 and 2014, respectively whilst Kamila has her first opportunity to wear the Brazilian shirt.
The squad also sees the return of Bruna Benites and Fabiana.
As the friendly against Germany is not on a FIFA date, some athletes have not been released by their clubs.
The clash will be at 17.45 (1245 GMT) at the Stadion am Hardtwald in Sandhausen.
Brazil squad to play Germany
1. Bárbara – Kindermann
12. Letícia – Corinthians/Audax
3. Bruna Benites – Houston Dash (USA)
21. Mônica – Orlando Pride (USA)
13. Andréia Rosa – Avaldsnes Idrettslag (Norway)
7. Rosana – North Caroline Courage (USA)
2. Fabiana – Corinthians/Audax
6. Tamires – Fortuna Hjørring (Denmark)
15. Letícia – Sportclub Sand (Germany)
17. Andressinha – Houston Dash (USA)
18. Fran – Avaldsnes Idrettslag (Norway)
5. Djenifer – Iranduba
8. Luana – Avaldsnes Idrettslag (Norway)
22. Gabi Nunes – Corinthians/Audax
20. Camila – Orlando Pride (USA)
9. Debinha – North Caroline Courage (USA)
19. Ludmila – São José
14. Darlene – Rio Preto
10. Marta – Orlando Pride (USA)
16. Kamila – Iranduba
The WSU Team bringing you news and updates from the world of women’s football.