Meet the qualified teams for the UEFA Women’s EURO 2017
The UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 qualifying group stage concluded tonight with 14 nations sealing their place in the final tournament alongside the hosts Netherlands.
There is just one berth remaining which will be contested by a play-off between Romania and Portugal.
The eight group winners and the six best runners-up booked their place at next summer’s Women’s European Championship tournament in the Netherlands.
UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 Qualified teams:
*Six best runners-up
Play-off (17-25 October, two legs):
Romania v Portugal
The draw for the UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 Finals will take place on 8 November.
Here’s a recap of all the UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 qualifying group stage results.
The Headlines by @harrythereferee
- Portugal pip Finland to second place in Group 2, after the former won after Claudia Neto scored a second half penalty in Dublin, and despite a great effort Finland couldn’t get a point in Madrid; EURO 2001 was the last time they weren’t at a European Championship Finals. Portugal qualify for next month’s playoffs, a chance for their first EURO.
- Russia automatically qualify with a quite frantic finish in Moscow scoring 5 goals.
- There’s still a chance to see Romania at a major championship, as they qualify for the play-off against Portugal.
- Austria also will debut at a EURO next year, they needed a draw in Newport and they got it, 0-0, and pretty comfortably in the end they qualify
- Italy will be there also, despite being drawn back to 1-1 at one point Vercelli, they won 3-1 and again will be at the expanded finals tournament.
- A fantastic win for Denmark made sure of their progression, needing only a point in Viborg, they beat the Olympic Sliver medalists Sweden 2-0 to make sure they advanced.
- Iceland and England made sure they topped their groups, with a 1-2 loss and a 0-2 win respectively.
- Wins also for Switzerland and Germany, Rio 2016 Winners