Continental Tyres Womens National League

Wexford Youths lead the FAI Continental Tyres Women’s National League

Series Number 9
Peamount United 2 – 2 Galway WFC

UCD Waves 7 – 2 Cork City Women

Wexford Youths 3 – 1 Castlebar Celtic
League leaders Wexford Youths continued their excellent FAI Continental Tyres Women’s National League form picking up their seventh win of the season with a 3-1 victory over Castlebar Celtic at Ferrycarrig Park today.

Kylie Murphy gave Wexford the lead from the penalty spot after 15 minutes with her fifth goal of the season.

In what was a tough battle, Wexford appeared to have sealed the points five minutes from time when Claire O’Riordan snapped up her sixth goal of the season.

Adrian Carberry’s Castlebar side were not to be outdone and pulled their way back into the game 60 seconds later through Aisling Egan’s drive.

The action wasn’t over yet as the game edged towards additional time as Amy Walshe sealed the three points and 3-1 victory for the Model County side.

Wexford lead the Continental Tyres Women’s national league with 21 points after eight games, three points clear of UCD Waves.

Aine O’Gorman’s first half hat-trick saw UCD Waves dispense of Cork City Women as they maintain their title charge.

O’Gorman ended up finding the net on five occasions, bringing her total to 12 for the season as Waves ran in a 7 -2 victory over the Leesiders.

Ireland star O’Gorman blasted Waves into the lead after just two minutes and doubled her tally four minutes later, before completing her a quick fire hat-trick on 25 minutes.

Orlagh Nolan had knocked the ball home on 17 minutes to make it 3-0, while Emer Gilroy got Cork City Women on the score sheet before half time.

Nolan grabbed her second of the day seconds after the restart with O’Gorman making it six just 60 seconds later then she wrapped up the scoring 11 minutes from time as Waves leap-frogged Raheny United into second place.

Elsewhere Peamount United and Galway WFC played out a four goal cracker in Greenogue.

Lynsey McKey found the net for the first time this season after 20 minutes, giving Galway a first half lead and her second of the afternoon wasn’t enough to give Galway the points as Pea’s Sharon Cullen grabbed a brace to give the teams a share of the spoils.
Source courtesy of:


Leave a reply

©2022 WOMEN'S SOCCER UNITED. All rights reserved.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?