England v Wales
2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, Group 1 qualifier
St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Friday, 6 April (ko 7pm)
WIN | Family ticket for the World Cup qualifier between England and Wales!
England Women will play host to Wales in Southampton in a key 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifier.
Undefeated in qualifying so far, the Lionesses face near neighbours and group rivals Wales in their 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifying campaign at St Mary’s Stadium
England last played in Southampton in 2006, beating Hungary 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier with goals from Vicky Exley and Alex Scott.
The Lionesses kicked off their qualification campaign in style with a 6-0 win over Russia in September. They will also face Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kazakhstan in Group 1.
Captain Steph Houghton said: “We’re really looking forward to this game and playing at a fantastic stadium like St. Mary’s. It’s a long time since we’ve played at a Premier League ground.
“It’s going to be a massive game against a fellow home nation in Wales and key to our World Cup qualifying campaign.
“We’ve not been to the south coast for a while so we’re hoping we’ll get as many fans as possible to come and support us.”
Les Reed, vice-chairman – football at Southampton FC, said: “This event gives us an opportunity to showcase the women’s game which continues to achieve higher and higher standards and is also growing in popularity and numbers of participants.”
Tickets are just £1 for anyone aged 21 or under and can be purchased at www.TheFA.com/Tickets or by calling 02381 780 780.
We have 2 family tickets to giveaway!
See the likes of Stephanie Houghton, Fran Kirby and Jodie Taylor as The Lionesses look to build on their good start, aiming to secure automatic qualification to the finals in France in 2019.
Congratulations to our two winners, Helen Albanese and Leanne L’Honore, who each won a Family Ticket to watch England take on Wales in their upcoming FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifier! – https://t.co/66k07Gv55L #Lionesses #WWC2019 pic.twitter.com/5dKVPnf5Z7
— Womens Soccer United (@WomensSoccerUtd) March 19, 2018
– Contest is open to UK entries only.
– Contest runs until Saturday 10 March 2018
– Limit of one (1) entry per person.
– Entries must follow @WomensSoccerUtd on Twitter and retweet or like and retweet the promotional Facebook post.
– 2 prizes available to be won (Family Ticket for England v Wales)
– No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
– The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
– Unless stated otherwise the winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
– Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
– Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
– Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
– The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
The WSU Team bringing you news and updates from the world of women’s football.